Our Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver review will provide you with a detailed account of our own tests on the product. In our review, you’ll see how and why Philips Norelco designed such a device, some of its top functions, the extra accessories you get with it, opinions from users just like you, lists on what we liked and disliked about it, and a brief summary inviting you to share your thoughts with us. We want to give you a complete profile on the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver to help you make the choice that is right for you.
What Was the Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver Designed for?
If you like to have a close shave that is not an absolutely smooth shave, the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver might be the right product for you. The company designed this trimmer and shaver package for men who don’t need a perfect shave or those who like to leave a bit of shadow on their faces during the day.
We like that the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver unit produces consistent results shave after shave. At the end of the day, this selection from Philips can very well rival some quality corded trimmers in terms of overall performance.
Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid Electric Trimmer and Shaver Features/Functions
Here we will list some of the top features we discovered during our Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver review. You may find other positive features as you familiarize yourself with the device.
- You can shave and trim with it in wet or dry conditions.
- Although the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver feels robust without being heavier than a traditional safety razor.
- It includes a snap-on blade guard that converts it to a travel-friendly unit. You can fit it in a toiletry bag with ease.
- The Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver is water-resistant. Therefore, this is a great choice for shower use. You can clean and maintain it in the shower without any trouble.
- It has a rubbery grip that provides excellent traction even in wet conditions.
- You do not have to sacrifice shaving performance for the trimmer or trimming performance for the shaver. This product can perform both jobs effectively.
- It will not usually leave marks or irritation on the surface of your skin.
- The blades on this device should last for several months at a time.
What You’ll Find in the Box
- A single OneBlade device.
- One handle.
- Three interchangeable trimming combs.
- One charging station.
This section of our review will discuss a few of the top advantages of the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver.
You’ll get three combs with your Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver. Each of these combs clicks into place on the body of the main unit. This means it is easy to switch combs to the length you want without any trouble.
There are just a couple of things the company could do to make their hybrid product better. We will discuss these issues in the section below.
Difficulties with Long Hair
The company says their hybrid shaver will need about eight hours to get a full charge before you can use it for the first time. This charging time seems a bit excessive to us, and we’d like to see it shortened in future versions of the product. However, most users can get quite a few shaves out of the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver on just a single charge.
What Are Users Saying?
Many users who have tried the Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer and shaver say that it works great even on sensitive areas of the face. They can shave or trim without worrying about skin irritation or leaving red marks. They also like that the product will not pull at their beard hair. Even if you have a coarse or difficult beard, this hybrid model should be able to take care of it with ease.
In rare cases, some users reported that the blade guards could be flimsy or snap off without any warning. Other users noted that it could take several passes before their facial hair was close enough for their liking. Many users were unimpressed with the long charge time that we discussed earlier in our review.
The Philips Norelco OneBlade hybrid electric trimmer is a device that seems to do both things well for most users. As long as you don’t need the smoothest shave out there, it should be able to meet or exceed your expectations. Please share your thoughts on this product with us in the comments section.